These take many hours to cook, but believe me. They are worth every second!
So awesome. Three types of stout went into these!
So we did make these up as we went along, but roughly the process was…
- Slow cook 6 lamb shanks in a mix of Amber Ale and Stout for 4 hours. We used 1x Squires Amber Ale and 1/3 of a Kilkenny at this stage. We recommend testing the mix of beers prior to adding to the shanks.
- Make a sour-cream based semi-short pastry, about 3-4 cups of flour worth.
- Remove lamb meat from shank. Add remaining Kilkenny, 6 potatoes, and 1 bottle of dark stout (Paddy’stout from Ireland). Transfer mixture to a pressure cooked for 30 minutes.
- Eat remaining meat off the lamb shanks in a way reminiscent of Neanderthals.
- Cut pastry into four lots, roll each one out and layer as per puff pastry using olive oil and spices to layers. Return to fridge.
- Steam carrots, swede, fennel, turnip…
View original post 43 more words